We are adding part of the house to our bedroom to create a large master suite. The total dimensions for our master suite after remodeling will be 47’x25’. This area is in the northeastern corner of the house, facing east.
We want the following features:
1. The suite will consist of the bedroom, small sitting area within the bedroom, two walk-in closets, two bathrooms, and a jacuzzi. No need for morning bar or other spaces.
2. The bed should be close to the eastern wall, as we have a beautiful water view there. Bed should be facing north, east, or north-east, to get the best view of sunrise through the curved N-E window.
3. Separate his/her bathrooms and walk-in closets. Walk-in closets desirable size: 8’ wide, by 14-16’ long.
4. Jacuzzi could be in her bathroom or in common area
5. Her bathroom should be larger than his
6. Walk-in closets should be connected to their respective bathrooms (his to his and hers to hers), to create a convenient one-stop areas for shower/dressing/make up/etc
7. Toilets in separate enclosures within the bathrooms.
The challenge is to get the most usable space from the area provided (minimizing hallways and maximizing bathrooms and closets). We will not be keeping drawers with clothes in the bedroom, they will be all in the closets. Therefore we don’t need a large bedroom, but do need the shortest possible distance from the bed to the closet/bathroom. Also consider a common/shared entrances to bathroom/closet area. We do not require any symmetry in the design if it sacrifices functionality.
Any other creative ideas are welcome. It is possible to add 1-2 feet from either side if absolutely necessary.