The property I purchased is 3 levels.
- 1st level is completely open old commercial space (~1400 sq/ft)
- 2nd level is 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, laundry room and an office
- 3rd level is kitchen, dining, living room and balcony
The purpose of this project is to remodel the 1st level and combine it to the upper to residential levels to make one large cohesive home. The first level is pretty much a blank canvas. The 1st level has ceilings that are about 12ft high. Outer wall dimensions are about 25x57 ft.
- Add at least 2 closed off rooms (2 bedrooms or bedroom and gym or bedroom and office)
- Although I am combining this to make one large residence. I'd like to be able to use the first level as a separated guest apartment as well on occasion. Thus, having a small kitchen and small dining area would be nice, but nothing elaborate or large. Current kitchen is too big.
- Front area should remain open, perhaps as an additional living area
- I do not like the current layout of the bathroom, so would like a better design/layout for it.
- I'd like hardwood floors throughout the living space. I will replace current commercial ceilings with normal residential ceilings.
- I'd like to see proposed furniture placement in rooms as well.
- The 4 outer walls, outer doors and outer windows can not be adjusted in any way.
- Only natural light comes from the front large windows and door. So any internal walls built inside should have internal windows at top or doors that allow light in from the front.
- Only one option to connect units internally which is the "connecting door".
- The front entrance end is on a busy street and is loud. The back is quiet and would be better for bedroom(s).
- The wall dividing the open space from the bathroom and storage area can be adjusted, however some type of storage space must remain.
- The back door exits to an ally with 2 parking spots for my home.