Its a project to make a new flat for a young family in Moscow. Now it's an absolutely new flat of 60 m with gray walls in a new 25-floors building.
We want to have a modern designed, beautiful and comfortable flat for a family of 4 people (parents + 2 little children of 1 and 4 years of age).
We need to organize the space in order to have:
1. one bedroom for us (husband and wife)
2. one room for our 2 children (two boys)
3. kitchen merged with a living room
4. one bathroom (we want to merge toilet and bathroom in one space)
Now we don't like:
1. We don't like corridors, as we consider them to be not functional and that they eat up space
2. We don't like separate rooms for toilet and bathroom, we need to merge them
3. We don't like one long room (room 1 in the current plan) because it is very long like a train, and if it remains we will not have any living room, where all the family can meet, eat at the dining table and watch TV
What about the room for our boys, we think it should look like a nice children's room.
In this room we need to put 2 beds, space for their clothes, space for their toys (we have a lot of cars) and space for their books (we have a lot of children's books). The books should be located in such a manner that they can take them themselfs.
We like modern style, we don't like classical style.
We don't like too much gold.
We like when there is a lot of natural light.
We like light colors, like white, beige, light blue.
As the apartment is not very big (it is only 60 m) we think that dark colors will make it look even smaller. So we prefer light colors, and we don't want to use dark colors.