The main thing is that everything should have a place and everything can be closed up and neat and orderly.
- place for brooms/mop cleaning supplies
- place for a hot plate that will be used weekly, but won't be out all the time.
- place for spices
- place for garbage and recycling
- if possible, a hood that actually vents to the outside. This may restrict layout though, as there is only one external wall.
- two sinks
- cabinetry to the ceiling. Can be split and have a high level for less often utilized items.
- adequate pantry space
- prefer granite/natural stone counter-tops
- we don't need room for a microwave
As far as appliances, definitely a dishwasher, possibly two, but there may not be space. We can go either way on ovens, standing integrated unit with burners vs the in-the-wall style, with a slight preference for in the wall style at 90cm. If you do in the wall style, ideally two ovens if it fits.
We need everything in metric please using European conventions. My understanding from a couple kitchen design places I've visited is that 60cm seems to be a very standard measurement for cabinets, dishwashers, sinks, etc.
You can see in the floor plans a 140cm x 210cm pantry area. We prefer to keep this as a pantry if possible with nice open shelving. However we are open to opening this area up and extending into it.
Some other notes on the plan:
- The interior wall shown that is next to the depicted dining table is not in fact there.
- The opening to the left of that table is a full doorway to a patio, it is not a window.
- Ceiling height is 2.6 meters.
We'll be evaluating designs based on functionality, space utilization, and cost (ie, how much plumbing, electrical work is needed).
Good luck and we look forward to seeing what you create!