We live in a 10 year old home. Our goals are to complete some room additions on the main floor and 2nd floor along with some remodeling & finish upgrades throughout the house. See marked-up drawings that show our initial thoughts for this remodel project.
Current finishes are what I'd call builder grade. We want to upgrade finishes and design features throughout the house. We want to create a nice open comfortable layout on the main floor that fits our family's life style along with a touch of class for entertaining guests
Our style seems to favor – Traditional, Old world, Rustic, Mediterranean styles
For example we'd like to see some some stone, wood and iron metal finishes incorporated in the design. We will email interested designers our link to Houzz that shows pics of design styles we like.
Below is our Goal Summary for this Project.
1. Room addition to the Main floor dinette space
2. Room addition for a New Pantry / Storage space
3. Relocate fire place to open up space between Great Room & Kitchen
4. New Extra Large kitchen island for gathering & entertaining
5. Reconfigure kitchen cabinet layout
6. Room addition for a new covered outdoor patio space
7. Functional & organization is important to us in the new designed spaces
Second Floor Wants:
8. Complete room additions to bedroom space & reconfigure the 2nd floor layout
9. Relocate bedroom #2 to the bonus room space and convert old bedroom #2 space into a loft/ office area with arched opening that opens up to great room below
10. Reconfigure existing bathroom into a Jack & Jill Style between bedroom #2 & bedroom 4
11. Construct a new bathroom in bedroom #3 space